Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sad Endings, New Beginnings



I was so proud of myself. After my original Learn to Knit class at Ewe-nique Knits in Royal Oak, I joined the Wednesday night knitting circle and took on a big beautiful project -- a cardigan using 3 different colors of yarns.


Alas, I can't find the original pattern or the yarn information but here is a close-up of the pattern:


Beautiful right? Here's how it looks in pieces:
The problem? These are the pieces of a beautiful cardigan post-knitting, post-seaming and finishing. What happened? Well, I knitted up the medium size because I'm a medium size, right?
So I sewed everything up and what happened?
It was huge on me! Not just a little big -- it was BIG!
But after all that hard work and effort I wasn't going to let this go to waste --- so I pawned it off on my mother who is more of a large...
Her response... it will still too big!
So she has faithfully held on to the sweater, not wanting to hurt my feelings, but not really wanting to wear it either.
A couple of days ago, she gave it back.
We're going through a yarn shortage here -- my niece is living with us at the moment and she is a knitting FIEND! I've shared a good share of my stash to keep her busy, but the truth is... we're almost out of yarn!
So last night, giving up my cherished sweater that nobody was going to weart, we started frogging it in search of beautiful, yummy yarn that will someday take on a new life as something else.

No comments: