Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Dropsies

So I took a break from Sylvi to work on this drop-stitch scarf for my sister-in-law and I discovered muscles I didn't know existed!



I'm not a wimp and not THAT out of shape, but this pattern calls for a ton of Yarn Overs and I'm using my arms in knitting in a whole new way. And slowly, but surely, my body cried "Ouch!"

Here's where it hurts:


When it comes to knitting I do it in the English style which means I'm a "thrower" and my right hand and arm do all the work! As the aches came on I've tried silly ways to modify my style, propping up pillows under both my arms and anything else you can think of, but it's just been getting worse and worse.

So now it's reversi time -- I took a break from the scarf to finish the second sleeve of my Sylvi coat -- it's knit mostly in seed stitch which seems to be easier on the body!

No comments: